Each year parents in Douglas County complete annual registration forms online for their children. Give yourself about 5 minutes per child to get this accomplished. Our Express Check-in process will begin on July 17th and end on August 7th. You will need your Campus Portal user name and password to access the program.
Click HERE to get started!
Over 280 Kids are now registered – Way to go!
DCS Montessori offers a limited number of scholarships annually to our Primary (preschool and Kindergarten) students. Kindergarten students will receive scholarships first, then preschoolers will share any remaining funds. To apply for a scholarship, you first need to complete a Free and Reduced Lunch Application (typically available in mid-July). Even though preschoolers are not eligible for our school hot lunch program, you will still complete and submit this form to the District to see if you are a candidate. If you qualify, you will be sent an acceptance letter which you should copy and give to our Office Manager. Remember, there is no tuition for 1st grade and higher at DCS Montessori School.
For all students, fees can also be reduced/waived for those who qualify for the free or reduced lunch program. Even if your child never buys a school lunch, this is the means of applying for help with class fees. Be sure to send us a copy of your letter of approval right away.
For our 6th – 8th graders, we offer payment plans and scholarships to those in need. Please click here for the form to apply for this: Scholarship and/or Payment Plan for Overnight Trips
- Our 2017-2018 Calendar can be viewed and downloaded if you just click Calendars in the Quick Links box to the left.
- The first day of school for K—8 students is Thursday, August 10th
- The first day of school for P3 students (3-year-old preschoolers) is Monday, August 14th
- The first day of school for P4 students (4-year-old preschoolers) is Tuesday, August 15th
- We will be having an Open House on Wednesday, August 9th – our Open House is a great time for students who are new to the classroom to meet their teacher as well as a few classmates. This includes all new students, as well as students moving up to 1st and 4th, and 7th grades. Also, if your child has a new teacher, they can come meet their new teachers!
- Primary (Preschool & Kindie) students visit from 12:00-1:00pm. Lower Elementary (1st-3rd grade) students visit from 1:15 – 2:15pm. Upper Elementary (4th-6th grade) students come from 2:30 – 3:30pm. Middle School – students can visit anytime between 1:00 and 3:00 pm
- Express Checkin will take place starting July 18th and ending on August 6th. This is a mandatory enrollment procedure where you provide us updated information about your child online. We will email you with details later this summer.
- Who will your child’s teacher be next year? If your child is new to our school or is moving up to 1st, 4th or 7th grades, you will find out this information in the Campus Portal soon after July 1st. New parents were emailed their login credentials on or soon after July 1st – this year the District will be sending these directly to parents.
- Picture day will be on Tuesday, August 22nd, with make-ups on Friday, September 29th.
- During the summer, we will communicate other news with you via email—please be sure you can receive an email from the email address “firstname.lastname@example.org.”
- Back to School Night for Primary Parents – Parents of Preschool and Kindergarten students mark your calendar! Please make child care arrangements as this is for parents only. We hope you will be here on August 10th at 5:30 pm. We will be done by 6:30 pm.
Office hours vary during the summer months. Please visit our calendars page where you can view our summer office hours along with other school events. We are generally open 3 or 4 days per week, but those days vary. We are also closed from July 1 – July 9th.
Feel free to email our Office Staff and they will get back to you as soon as possible.
As a Montessori school, students generally remain with the same teacher for a three year cycle. The cycles are: Preschool & Kindergarten; 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grades; 4th, 5th and 6th grades; 7th and 8th grades.
If your child will have a new teacher, once it is AFTER JULY 1st, you will find the teacher’s name by accessing your account on the Campus Portal. Log in, click your child’s name at the top, and click “Schedule” on the left. You will also be able to link directly to that teacher’s email address.
Parents who are new to the school will be sent access credentials to their Campus Portal account on or just after July 1st.