We are very excited to announce our 2016-2017 Library program,
20,000 Books Under Dewey!
Please join us as we encourage the students to explore the depths and hidden treasures of Non-fiction!
Here are the exploration plans for this year:
- We will first learn what the Dewey Decimal system is and why we use it!
- Then we will go through each 100’s of the Dewey system and explore what is in there!
- All explorers will receive a travel log packet that they will work on in the library and keep here.
- During library time the students will have time to read some of the books we are talking about and learn a little about it.
- Upper El and Lower El will each have a certain goal to become First Mates. First Mates will all be invited to celebrate their accomplishment at a library party at the end of the year.
- Exploration will be from 9/26 through Mid-March.
- Exploration sheets from the travel log will be available online for you to view or print at home. You can see what we are doing or do some work at home, if you would like. If you fill out a sheet at home, bring it in and we will add it to your packet.
- Lower El students will read 5 books, each from a different Dewey 100. They will write down 1 fact of data per grade they are in, (ie: 1st grade-1 fact, 2nd grade-2 facts, etc.) that they learned from each book to become a First Mate and be invited to celebrate at the party.
- Some students don’t want to stop at First Mate and want to explore further. If that is the case, then we have an awesome plan for you too! If you choose to read 6-7 books you will become a Lieutenant, 8-9: Captain, all 10 areas of 100’s in the Dewey and become a Captain!!
- Upper El students will read 10 books, one from each 100 in Dewey. They will write down 1 fact of data per grade they are in, (ie: 3rdt grade-3 facts, 4th grade-4 facts, etc.) that they learned from each book to become a First Mate and be invited to celebrate at the party.
- Want to explore further? Upper El may choose an extra book in any of the following 100’s: 300’s, 500’s, 700’s or 900’s.
- 1 extra book: become a Lieutenant, 2 extra books: Commander, 3 extra books: Captain!
Thank you so much for your support of the library, of reading and of your wonderful child! It is an honor to explore new reading with them!
Now, hold on to your hat! There may be fierce winds ahead,
but the adventures that await will be worth it!
Ms. Holly and Ms. Chandra
Make Up Day is for students who were absent on the original picture day, or for those who don’t like their pictures. On Make Up Day, we will automatically photograph students who are/were absent on the September 9th – this includes all Middle School Students and Staff.
If you want your child’s picture re-taken, please return your photo packet (if you purchased pictures) and write “Retake” on the envelope AND fill out this short form. Picture Retake Form.
Do you want to enroll your child [not presently a student at our school] next year?
Our Lottery deadline is November 30th. And YES, EVERY NEW STUDENT MUST APPLY VIA OUR LOTTERY – even siblings.
Current students do not enter the Lottery, they simply re-enroll and we will email you that information in December.
Just FYI… This year we have had very little change to our enrollment. This means that there are still siblings on our wait lists hoping to be offered a spot this year. At the present time we are fully enrolled in all grades. Our suggestion is to enroll students at the Preschool level to ensure your child can continue enrollment into our Elementary grades.
Questions about enrollment? Please contact Brycie at email@example.com or call 303.387-5629.
Come join the Fall Session of our After School Programs! We have a wide variety of classes from Spanish to Tennis, from Chess to Crochet, from Keyboarding (typing) to Jewelry Making. And our newest additions are: Exploring the World of IT – a technology class for girls, The Art of Puppets where your child will create their own puppet from scratch, and Dance Fun – a movement class for Lower Elementary students. Brochures are coming home on September 16th, but you can sign up now by clicking the link below!