2017-2018 Battle of the Books Try Outs
- Are you currently in 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th grade?
- Do you love to read?
- Are you a great team player?
- Can you attend practices on Thursdays after school and battles through March 2018 (excluding breaks)?
- Are you willing to read 10 books over and over again?
If this describes you, consider competing for a spot on a DCS Montessori Battle of the Books 2017/2018 Team! We will have two teams (one 3rd/4th grade team and one 5th/6th grade team) represent our school at the Douglas County Libraries’ Battle of the Books competitions in January, February, & March 2018. Here’s what you need to do to try out:
- Have a parent/guardian attend the mandatory informational meeting on Thursday, September 14 in the school library: 3rd/4th Grade parents from 3:30-4 pm, 5th/6th Grade parents 4-4:30 pm (Note that this is a mandatory meeting; if you intend to apply & try out for the team, a parent/guardian must attend this meeting or set up a time to meet with the coach separately prior to applying)
- At or soon after 7 p.m. on Thursday, September 14, visit the school website for the link to apply to be on the team. This process closes at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, September 20; the first 15 eligible applicants for each team will be accepted; there is a $30 fee to try out (this includes 3 books, 3 weeks of tryout meetings, and snacks) Scholarships are available if needed.
- Print, complete and turn The BOTB Application Form to Ms. Holly no later than 4 p.m. on Wednesday, September 20. Copies are also available at the library.
Tryout dates are (all Thursdays) Sept 28, Oct 5 and Oct 19 from 3:20-4:30. Please bring questions to the parent meeting, or if they can’t wait until September 14, email Ms. Holly at email@example.com. Go DCSM BOTB teams!