School Accountability Committee (SAC)
The purpose of the School Accountability Committee (SAC) is to inform, to encourage, and provide opportunities for parents and community members to be involved in the planning and evaluation of the school’s instructional program and quality improvement processes. The SAC assists the head of school in the development and implementation of strategic initiatives that guide the growth and improvement of the DCS Montessori’s efforts toward achieving overall academic excellence. The Council also works to provide a balance between the requirements mandated by the State of Colorado and Douglas County School District, and the special endeavors of our school to provide a unique, rich learning environment that embodies the teachings of the Montessori Method.
What Do We Do?
- Meet at the school on a monthly basis
- Include parents, non-parents, teachers and the head of school
- Develop the annual School Improvement Plan (as required by the school district)
- Develop, analyze and report on school surveys
- Write an annual report to the district board of directors
- Have fun guiding the creation of an educational environment that enables our students to excel academically, as well as to develop individually
If you are interested in becoming part of these efforts and joining the SAC, please call the front office at 720-531-3311 for more information.